Writing articles and posting them on the various online article marketing directories not only showcases your expertise, it helps to drive traffic to your site – if you do it properly. Here are 7 keys for a successful online article marketing strategy that won’t cost you a cent:
- Write a compelling article with original content that showcases your knowledge and positions you as an expert.
- When deciding on content, consider your audience – what information are they searching for? Include keywords in your title and article to ensure it can be found in an online search.
- Never “sell” or “promote” in the body of your article – share great information only.
- Be clear and concise – add bulleted lists and subheadings for easier reading.
- Keep it short. Online articles in the 250 to 700 word range have a greater probability of being read than a 1500+ word article.
- Use bold and italics sparingly – and only for emphasis. Excessive use is amateurish and loses impact.
- Include a Resource Box at the end, which includes your name, link to Web site, what makes you unique, and a call to action (typically to get your free download from your site or to buy from you).