How To Get Free Publicity For Your Business This Summer
Many entrepreneurs and business owners believe that summer is a time to slide on advertising and promotions because everyone is on holidays. So every summer, the number of media releases newspaper and magazine editors receive show a significant drop. This could mean a major "opportunity" for you because editors and television/radio producers are always looking for good story ideas.
Take advantage of other people's incorrect notions and get you and your business in the news now!
Here are a few hints to help you land that story.
- Create a newsworthy story that is of interest to editors and their audience. Think about why they would want to read this piece.
- Keep to one theme or point. You may be offering many services, but what is the one you want in the news today. (Remember, you can write another media release later.)
- Send it out to appropriate media. There is no use sending out a media release about your wellness coaching practice to the editor of a home building magazine (unless you slant it about creating a home office when building a new house).
- Write a great media release. It's written differently than an article and there is a specific format to use. If you're not sure how to do this, do your research so you don't look like an amateur. (Check out www.HowToWriteAMediaRelease.com)
- Follow up. Things happen and emails can get misdirected. Make sure your media release was received and ask if they have any questions. Do not ask if they are going to do a story about you!
- When a story comes out in the media about you, buy many copies and send them to all your prospects who are away on holidays...and be sure to thank the editor and the writer. You'll stand out and perhaps be remembered the next time they need a quote or insider information on another story about your industry.
Want To Use This Article On Your Ezine/Blog/Site?
You're welcome to share this article. When you do, please include this complete blurb with it:
Susan Regier, owner of Vantage One Writing, is an in-demand copywriter, marketing strategist, and business breakthrough specialist to serious entrepreneurs who want to have a profitable business they are passionate about. Susan is the author of "360° Media Release Handbook," a home study program where she shares everything you never knew about spinning up publicity for your business. www.writeamediarelease.com
Claim your free guide: 15 Tips to Increase Your Influence, Attract More Clients & Make More Money at SusanRegier.com.