Soulful Writer's Retreat For Women
June 18 - 21, 2019
Sandy beaches. Tranquil woods. A peaceful stream. The world's best sunsets. A supportive writing group. Let the beauty and wonder of nature stir your imagination and inspire creativity.
Whether you’re a beginning writer or more experienced, you’ll explore writing techniques and skills for creating new work or breathing new life into ongoing projects at the Soulful Writer’s Retreat.
This Retreat is about you and what your creative heart truly needs.
Discover how to make your writing more real, more captivating, more entertaining, and more soulful for your readers.
- Guided writing exercises to help you combine imagination, observation, and memory.
- Experience the Conscious Writing practice - learn how to access an intuitive creative flow to reveal deep insights and ideas.
- Write with your soul's intention to share your stories with passion and impact.
- Intentional meditations.
- Group discussions in a sacred space of respect.
- Private writing time in solitude and silence to discover your true voice and write authentically from the heart.
Your Soulful Writer’s Retreat includes:
- 3 nights accommodation at my private residence in St. Joseph, Ontario on the Lake Huron shores.
- Delicious meals and nutritious snacks including 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 3 dinners.
- Wine with dinner. (You’re welcome to bring your own wine or favourite beverage and snacks to share around the evening campfire.)
- Daily seminars with powerful lessons and creative insights.
- Individual assignments with writing prompts and group work.
- Personal free time for resting, reflection, journaling, project writing, or relaxing with fellow writers on the beach or by the pool.
- Daily walks on the beach and/or through the forest trails.
With new experiences, you gain new insight. Embrace the journey.
This experience will not only provide you with new stories to tell, it will help you explore new territories in your writing and creative process. Find new joy in your writing. Be inspired. Write from your heart with the voice of your soul.
Arrive: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 5:00PM
Depart: Friday, June 21, 2019 2:30PM
Choose Your Space
If you prefer an extended payment option, please contact me with your booking choice of Private Room (Queen or Double), Shared Room, or Non Residential.
|Private Room - Queen Bed
|Private Room - Double Bed
|Shared Room (Bunk Beds)
Perfect if you live in the neighbourhood or prefer to stay at a local inn. We recommend Hessenland, which is just down the road. Ask me about their special rates for this Retreat.
Note: HST will be added to above fees.
Please let us know when you register if you have any special dietary requirements.
If you have to cancel your booking for any reason, there is a staged refund policy as follows:
- More than 45 days notice – $250.00 non refundable.
- Between 44 days 15 days notice – $500.00 non refundable.
- 14 days notice or less – Full fee non refundable.
Words from our Soulful Writers...
“Sue’s Soulful Writer’s Retreat was the perfect mix of structured creative writing exercises, exploration with Conscious Writing techniques, soulful sharing with the group, and fun! Every moment of the event was well thought out, with plenty of free time each morning and afternoon for us to continue our personal writing projects or enjoy some quiet time relaxing. The environment was set perfectly to support our projects and also to create connections between the participants. I went to the Retreat hoping to get a bit more structure for writing my book, but instead came away with a whole new perspective on my writing and how to tap into the Soulful Writer within. I feel much more confident and inspired about writing than I ever imagined possible. I also came away feeling well-fed (the food was amazing!) and having made a whole new group of friends. I would recommend this event to anyone who is looking to tap into their creative writing in a more conscious and soulful way.”
~ Rebecca Loach, Angels' Voice, Waterloo, Ontario
“The Retreat was an amazing experience, which helped me find a way to circumvent my brain injury, and be able to write again. I spoke to my mom and asked what she thought about my revising dad’s script ‘Heirlooms,’ with a joint author note. She was delighted that was a possibility and it is now slated as a project for 2018! Making new friends and having the opportunity to share freely with them, was a true blessing, too. Thanks again for such a magical experience! You’re an awesome Soulful Writer and Teacher. I so appreciate your wisdom and gifts.”
~ Gayle Russell, Essential Therapies, London, Ontario
“Radiant sun, puffy clouds, skies the colour of blue bells, gentle breezes, the air filled with lilac. Breathe deep fresh oxygen, listen to soul songs of birds, view the stately lavender gladiolus and blazing sunsets. Feel comforted by the light touch of winged angels all around, with the tranquil fall of water surrounded by tender shoots of growth. Never having to give thought to preparing the next feast for it was there before you as if by magic. Inspiration sprung into the mind as the stories unfolded, guidance was soft yet powerful, given with love from a truly spiritual woman.
The experience will last a lifetime; for now I can help others feel, see, smell, and touch life from afar.
“Thanks to those who encouraged me on the first steps of an exciting new journey.”
~ Kim Elsdon, London, Ontario
“The Retreat was even more than I expected. There was great value in seeing each of the parts come together. I would recommend this to anyone who is seriously considering writing.”
~ Kristen Steeper, London, Ontario